- Sales in April were $1,779,900 compared to April, 2012 of $1,564,225
- Year-to-date sales are $5,044,010 compared to 2012 year-to-date of $5,033,024. That is $10,986 or .2% ahead of last year. This month’s results brought us to a near tie to the same period in 2012.
- There were 11 homes sold in April compared to 10 in April, 2012.
- Number of homes listed for sale increased to 73 compared to 63 at the end of March.
- In the past 12 months there have been 113 homes sold in the Batesville School District. With 73 currently on the market that means we have 7.8 months on hand of active listings.
- At the end of April there are 17 houses pending sale for a total list price of $2,952,869. That compares to 14 at the end of March for a total list price of $2,952,869. In the past I have tried to forecast sales for the next month based on the list price of pending homes. However, for various reasons that is now proving to be grossly inaccurate so I have decided to show the number of pending listings and the total list price of those homes. Shown below is that data for the past 8 months:
Number Total List Average
Month Pending Dollars List Price
10/1/12 12 $2,510,000 $209,166
11/1 13 $2,488,100 $191,392
12/1 15 $2,905,800 $193,720
1/1/13 8 $1,348,300 $168,537
2/1 11 $1,979,900 $179,990
3/1 15 $2,764,190 $184,279
4/1 14 $2,490,670 $177,905
5/1 17 $2,952,869 $173,698
Interest rates continue to be very favorable.
I know many of you are reading about housing prices rising in various parts of the country. I have not seen any indication that we are experiencing any increase in home values in Batesville. Values have been relatively stable for the past several months; If you are interested in buying or selling a property please call 812-934-6191 and talk with one of Countryside Realty’s full time real estate agents, Batesville, Indiana’s most experienced real estate team.